Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some thoughts

These are exactly what I needed to hear:

"In a word, what I'm saying is, Grow up. You're kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you."
-Matthew 5:48

"Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!
-Matthew 6:22-23

"Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention."
-Matthew 7:13-14

Walk in the Spirit... walk in the Spirit... walk in the Spirit. It's so simple. It's so easy. Why do I make it so difficult? Live naked before God and before man. He's already made us free. The work is finished. Walk in the Spirit. I try to "fix" things a lot. Fix myself, my actions, and sadly; even my family. But all my tools are broken, because I am broken... yet, I know the Creator, and He's got the manual. It says: Walk in the Spirit. Lower still...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need reality checks like that, and we need them often. God is good, seek Him first. We are children of His and He loves us. We have everything we need, now stop complaining and walk forward. Live!

Robyn said...

You are getting there!!!

You have made so much progress in Him, continue in The Way.

He. Is. Enough!

:)

Drew Coffman said...

We all need to better learn that concept of our tools being subpar, and never enough for the job.

Once we truly focus on just turning to Him for all things, and knowing that he has every possible solution and ability, things go much easier.

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com - Your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks for sharing!
Online Shopping

royal said...

Nice Sharing!
We are specialized in Advanced GPS Tracking Device including GPS Tracking System, GPS Fleet Tracking System, Real Time GPS Tracking and completing your requirement for Vehicle Tracking, Bike Tracking and Personal Tracking device at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing!
GPS Tracker

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your post and I admire the information which you offered here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Software Development Malaysia

Jimmy Choo Handbags said...

As i was reading everyones comments on why they decided to start Beats by Dre Headphones the life changing P90X program i reflected on why i decided to get into better shape. I was 41 years old on vacation in Colorado with my family. We had all went to a local river on a hot summer day to go swimming Beats by Dre. I have 3 children, 2 of them can swim really well and my youngest still needed a little help P90x Reviews. My two older kids wanted to swim out to a bouy line that was set to mark the swimming area which did not look to far out P90x Workout. They both made it out there with know problem Beats by Dre Earphones. My youngest wanted to go out also, but not being able to swim very well and only being 5 years old he was told he could not px90 reviews. After being constantly asked to be with his other siblings i decided to put him on my back and swim out to the bouy. I made it there, but feeling really tired and wiped out.